We love bikes, and we also get to race them
What we emphasize:
We open the door as wide as possible to the world of bike riding and racing for riders aged 8 to 18.
From first time racers to international rippers, on grass, dirt or snow, there’s a home for everyone with Midwest Devo.
Devo means DEVELOPMENT.
Where are you?
Primarily at the Indy Cycloplex:
Home of the
Major Taylor Velodrome
How LUCKY are we?
• Devo Zwift rides
• Get outside when you can!
- Get to know each other
- Enjoy the trails
- Build skills & confidence
- DINO races
We have a velodrome so let’s use it.
Wednesday’s are Junior night on the track.
- Bike rental
Riding with others builds skills, fitness, and teamwork.
Winter: Indoor virtual rides
Through the rest of the year our older, stronger riders gather on the gravel roads of Boone County. Our younger, newer riders explore the Monon, the Tow Path and downtown together.
From late summer we start riding and racing on the grass, dirt and mud. ‘Hot Laps’ on Wednesday’s, skills and drills on Thursdays, racing at the weekend.
It’s a HUGE year for US cyclocross.
A few Things
A Basic Mountain Bike
- Brakes THAT WORK
- A few gears THAT WORK
You can ride this for cyclocross.
You can rent a track bike.
Take your bike for a tune-up at BGI now.
• We always wear a helmet…always. No helmet = no ride.
• Not all helmets are created equal
• Just because it meets CPSC standard, it’s not necessarily a good helmet for what we do. If it looks like a toy, it probably performs like a toy
• Make sure it fits well and is adjusted properly
• It’s worth spending a bit more for a good helmet…MIPS helmets are proven to be better at protecting a rider’s head!
• Many manufacturers do a crash replacement
• Lights are the MOST effective way of reducing accidents
• We require tail lights when venturing out on any paved or gravel road and public greenway
• We also highly recommend a head light for increased visibility and safety
• High quality, front and back, USB rechargeable, flashing modes, designed for daylight visibility, always charged, always on
A few things we do
Safety and training
• Pod structured groups to reduce close contact and maintain social distancing
• Online COVID symptoms checker before each practice
• Coaching development and certification programs through USA Cycling, NICA, and Heads Up Coaching
• SafeSport screening
• First Aid and CPR
• Heart screening
• Medical kits
Indy Cross -local
Ohio Valley Cyclocross (OVCX) – regional
Jingle Cross (Iowa City, Iowa) – national
Trek Cup (Waterloo, Wisconsin) – national
Major Taylor Cross Cup (Marian University, Indianapolis) – national AND local
2021 US Cyclocross Nationals – (Wheaton, IL)
Fayettecross (Fayetteville, Arkansas) – Home of 2022 CX World Championship in January
For the parents
We are 100% volunteer-run
We are a 501(c)3
Give your time
Make a one-off contribution
Consider a regular monthly donation
Look at matching programs where you work
Volunteer hours donations from your employer
Grants from your employer
Can your business support Midwest Devo
Your donations are tax deductible!
Midwest Devo Support Crew
What better way to show your support for your child and their future interest in cycling than jumping on a bike yourself!
Open to all
No joining fee
Kit fees support Midwest Devo
USA Cycling registered club